2. A Note About Children We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Use of Your Personal Data “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
a) Information You Provide to Us
• We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses and social network account credentials when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
• When you order products on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
• We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
• When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
• When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
• We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the products.
• We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
b) Information Collected via Technology
• To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
• We may use third party tracking services, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze Anonymous Data from users of our Site. As you browse our Site, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with our Site. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising
c) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us to request the removal of this information from our database.
d) Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our products by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
5. Types of Data We Collect.
a) General Use. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
• to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
• identify you as a user in our system;
• provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
• provide the Services you request;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
• send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
• respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
• to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
• to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to process payments, provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing, to facilitate creation of accounts, to provide technical support, and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required NOT to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
a) Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
• i) We will periodically send you e-mails or SMS messages that directly promote the use of our Site or Services or relate to your use of the Services. When you receive these communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
b) Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your Account settings or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
9. Security of Your Personal Data. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.